Audition Procedures and Guidelines:
- Only Sheboygan County high school senior students or high school senior students of Michibago music teachers are eligible to compete; students must be graduating in May or June 2017.
- Upon receipt of application forms, contestants will be contacted by phone and/or email with specific information regarding audition time and warm-up arrangements.
- Ensembles consisting of up to four students may participate. Winners in ensembles will be issued an honorarium as a group.
- The compositions to be performed are to be determined by the student and his/her music teacher.
- Students should prepare for a ten-minute audition and arrange for their own accompanists. It is strongly encouraged, though not mandatory, that students perform all selections from memory.
- Students wishing to audition with more than one instrument may do so only in the event that a maximum of 30 participants is not reached. The student’s teacher must present any exceptions of performing with additional instruments prior to auditioning.
- A distinguished panel of educators and musicians will judge the competition.
- Auditions are closed to the public.
Winners will be notified by phone on Thursday, February 2. All winners will be asked to prepare a 20-minute program that will be a segment of the Senior Honor Recital on Sunday, May 7. Specific details will be furnished upon notification.
Please note: Student musicians who wish to participate in the competition must complete the enclosed application form and return by January 20, 2017, 5:00 p.m., to:
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Senior Honor Recital Competition
608 New York Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
Immediately inform the Arts Center at 920-458-6144 of any scheduling conflicts.
- Prepare a 10-minute audition.
- Provide the judges with two original music scores.
- Provide an accompanist, if necessary.
Additional application forms for the competition are available upon request at the Arts Center and can also be downloaded here.
Please contact Angela Ramey at the Arts Center at 920-694-4533 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.